KTM wants to enter the lightweight compact midrange travel enduro from the main door. The KTM 790 Adventure R uses the technical basis of its sister KTM Duke 790. The 799cc lc8c parallel twin engine is used in the chrome-molybdenum steel frame with stiffening function. The KTM 790 adventure R prototype is a real off-road bike, much more aggressive than the 1090 Adventure R.
KTM 790 Adventure R
Aesthetically it comes from the 450 rallies that run the Dakar, especially the slung fuel tanks which descends to connect with the vast para-motor. It is a unique structure, shaped like a horseshoe, embracing motor and chassis from both sides. They are not two separate tanks as on the 450 Rally or the old 950-990 Adventure. It has 21-18 spoke wheels (the rear has a tire 150/70-18. The dual LED front dual headlamp has the design of the 1290 Adventure R and S family.
The transparent plexiglass is compact, but the two new lower appendices should help to deflect the air that hits the rider’s bust. The triangular support structure is fitted with a road-book door and all rally equipment, underlining the racing spirit of the bike. This prototype also has a high mudguard, but the final version will come out as standard with the low mudguard. However, the Austrian brand has stated that the 790 Adventure production model will arrive in April 2019.
[content-egg module=Youtube template=simple]
Real KTM Lovers Comments (www.moto.it)
- “In love? Yes! Exciting and waiting? Very nice! But beautiful, perhaps not. The bottom part of the black tank, so essential and impacting. Maybe it is too heavy. If you look it front and rear, there is not that slenderness and lightness I was hoping for. However, petrol somewhere must put it in. Do you need so much? Is it possible that there is no better way to connect the upper side panels with the black tank? I hope that the project is still being defined, at least from an aesthetic point of view. At the moment it looks like a grand “enduro” born slim and fast with an added aftermarket tank optimizing all the technical aspects and less the aesthetic ones. Hexagon, obvious. Graphics will help to improve the appearance.”
- “Beautiful, beautiful, sexy, cute. Hopefully, it will come out soon; I change my 990 r. Beautiful.”
- “What an emotion the roar of this KTM, brought me back 55 years, remembering the roar of the Landini hot head, that of my uncle.”
- “It is a cross bike, not the usual tourist cross; I am very much?”
- “I know that age and hearing play bad jokes: -)))”